MCA Courses in IndiaADVANCED TANKER TRAINING COURSES
ATTENTION UK (MCA) CoC HOLDERS
In order to obtain Tanker Endorsement on your UK (MCA) Certificate of Competency (CoC), you need to provide evidence of the following:
• Relevant Certificate of MCA approved MNTB advanced training in tanker cargo operations programme
• 3 months of approved seagoing service on relevant tanker, or, 1 month of MCA approved onborad training on tankers, in a supernumerary capacity
• Evidence of having met the Basic Tanker Endorsement requirements
You also need to demonstrate that Advanced Fire Fighting training has been completed.
The delegates are well advised to keep a record of cargoes they carry on ships in the form of a letter from the Master of the Company Office.
Note that in order to meet the Basic Tanker Endorsement requirements, you need to have evidence of the following:
• MCA approved MNTB Tanker Fire Fighting training certificate
• 3 months of approved seagoing service on relevant tankers; and on board assessment
• MCA approved MNTB basic training Certificate for Tanker Cargo Operations programme
Approvals are in place for:
STCW A-V/1.1.2: Advanced Training in Oil Tanker Cargo Operations
STCW A-V/1.1.3: Advanced Training in Chemical Tanker Cargo Operations
STCW A-V/1.2.2: Advanced Training in Liquefied Gas Tanker Cargo Operations
Delegates are required to bring with them:
• Passport as proof of identity
• Discharge / Seaman Book as proof of sea service
• Basic Tanker Training / Tanker Familiarisation certificate
• Advanced Fire Fighting
ABOUT THE COURSES
The courses takes full account of Chapter V:
• Regulation V/1-1, Chapter V Section A-V/1-1-2 and Table A-V/1-1-2
• Regulation V/1-1, Chapter V Section A-V/1-1-3 and Table A-V/1-1-3
• Regulation V/1.-2, Chapter V Section A-V/1-2-2 and Table A-V/1-2-2 of the 2010 STCW Code and complies with the Merchant Navy Training Board (MNTB) requirements as satisfying part of the prerequisites for issue of tanker endorsements by the UK MCA.
The courses provide specialist training in subjects appropriate to the duties of senior officers and any person with immediate responsibility for loading, discharging, care in transit or handling of the respective bulk liquid cargoes. Tanker terminal and ship management personnel will build on previous experience and gain a detailed appreciation of the safety aspects involved in the handling and carriage of respective bulk liquid cargoes.
WHY CHOOSE US
There are a number of MCA approved training providers who are approved by the MCA to conduct training for the issue of Advanced Tanker Courses.
We are linked to a UK training provider with peripatetic approval and who are able to offer their courses at any location. This has the advantage of bringing UK marine training standards to your doorstep.
The course lecturers are experienced officers who have sailed on oil, chemical and liquefied gas tankers in command and other senior ranks. Our delegates will benefit from their experience and the interaction between themselves and other delegates. The opportunity to discuss and share experience of tanker operations, and question the lecturers greatly enhances the learning experience and aids comprehension and knowledge retention. This is a major advantage of a classroom based environment when compared with just computer based training.
These courses will be delivered on scheduled dates. In addition, these courses can be arranged on ad-hoc basis to meet the needs to individuals and groups. Courses can also be arranged for corporate clients, where no other delegates will be admitted to the specially arranged course.